Friday, January 22, 2010

Standard Process Purification End of Program Review

Standard Process 21 Day Purification End of Program Review - Jan 22 - Day 21

My opinion of the program hasn't changed. It has been one of the best things that I've ever done and has given me a great sense of accomplishment. I feel empowered to continue to control my health, weight, and body shape.

The Results

I haven't officially finished the 21st day. Still when I weighed myself this afternoon I had reached my goal weight loss of 15 pounds. Using a BMI calculator, my BMI dropped from 27.3 (overweight) to 24.9 (normal weight). Visibly, I feel my face is noticeably thinner and I've been able to wear some pants and shirts that I had "outgrown".




Other discovery:

It turns out I do like fish. Prior to doing this I knew I liked salmon and fresh stream-caught trout. I didn't have either on a regular basis. With recommendations from patients and coworkers, I've been having some frozen tilapia filets. I just defrost them in their packages in warm water. Then I coat them in olive oil and a little pepper and a squeeze of fresh lime or some bottled lemon juice. Then I put them on the George Foreman for 5-6 minutes and pull them off and put on a little bit more lemon. Delish!

Keep an eye on me from here. My plan is to continue with this plan until I reach my desired body shape while adding some low fat cottage cheese, yogurt, and milk and a bit more variety of protein such as some shrimp salads.

More pics of my meals are below.

Typical work lunch after day 10 when I could have some chicken or fish.



First George Foreman grilled tilapia meal = easy, delicious, and nutritious.

I found this recipe on the back of the brocolli slaw bag. Prior to the program, I ate this brocolli salad pretty often but I'd add to it craisins, bacon, smoked ham, pine nuts/sunflower seeds, and some sugary cranberry vinagrette by Maple Grove Farms. During the purification program I found that the suggested recipe on the back of the bag of brocolli slaw was quite nice and totally kosher by the program. This salad has pineapple cubes (defrosted from a no-sugar-added frozen fruit bag) fresh sliced pinata apples, and purification approved homemade vinagrette dressing.



Have any questions? You can contact me through Compass Chiropractic.

Compass Chiropractic Website

Become a Facebook Fan

Follow us on Twitter

Massage and ART Compared

Community Pages

Urbandale
Waukee
Windsor Heights
West Des Moines
Grimes
Adel
Johnston
Norwalk
Beaverdale

No comments: