Monday, May 31, 2010

Standard Process Purification Program Six Month Update

I weighed myself today, 6 months after starting the Standard Process Purification Program at 146. I'm down nearly 30 pounds since starting the program. Interestingly, I feel like I have not been doing very well in my eating for the last couple weeks and frankly expected to be above 150 but apparently I am doing well enough anyway. I am training for a triathlon but honestly, I am only getting workouts in like 3 days a week. If I hadn't done the purification program I might have dropped 2 pounds through exercise alone. It was a fun night when I went pants shopping and realized I'd gone from a 34 inch waist to a 30. Lately friends have been telling me that I need to exercise more or lift weights to "get toned." They're wrong though. Obviously you have to have the muscles but that "ripped" look only can be obtained by decreasing body fat, which the program seems to accomplish very effectively.

We have had about 12 patients, staff, and family members now do the purification program. On average I'd say people lose 8-9% of their body weight. Most everyone has had a positive experience. My sister did it and really struggled during it because she doesn't like vegetables much. However, I was pretty pleased that when I talked to her a couple days after completing it she shared, "It was funny because I went to grocery store yesterday and when I was all done shopping I looked down at what was in my cart and almost everything in there was the same things that I would have been eating during the purification." Nice to hear that it potentially helped her make a long term change for the better.

My allergies are so much better this year. I can't really attribute the change to anything else but it has been quite a contrast!

I'm planning on doing another round of the purification after I compete in the Hy-Vee Triathlon on June 13. Even though I'm pretty happy with where I'm at weight-wise, I still have my "ledge," a roll at the bottom of my belly and also a little extra padding in the love handle region. I'm ready to get rid of those once and for all. Also, I'm looking forward to getting back on track with eating healthier (icecream season is not good for me). The best thing about all of this: I think that my second time through the program will be incredibly easy. I know exactly what to expect and I'm looking forward to some veggie and lentil soup.

No comments: