Thursday, July 8, 2010

Standard Process Purification Round Two

On June 14 after completing the Hy-Vee Triathlon I decided to do the Standard Process Purification for a second time. I weighed in heavier than expected at 154 pounds (my mom was down the week before and we did enjoy a week of dining out). The second time through I found some parts of the program easier and some harder and learned some more tips and tricks along the way.

Tips:

Pickles - Though perhaps not totally approved from a purification perspective, pickles seem to be ok from the weight loss perspective and I enjoyed them as an afternoon or evening salty snack where in my normal life I might be tempted to have some chips and salsa.

Lentil Soup - Who would think a person could be so excited about lentil soup. I was having trouble finding enough time to have enough for lunch to feel full through the afternoon. The lentil soup was filling and kept me full through the afternoon.

Sun-dried Tomatoes - Costco has some of these with spices and olive oil. They made some pretty fantastic salads but I had to make sure not to go overboard.

Grilling - Grilling can help make the purification more tolerable. I had a friend over and served grilled salmon, grilled pineapple rounds, stir-fried Birdseye vegetables, and brown rice and she loved it. With the right attitude and some creativity eating healthy doesn't have to be boring.

Though overall the purification was easier, it was harder to be good during icecream season. I definitely love icecream. The rest of my purification posts are linked below along with some pictures from my second purification.

Results: At the end of the purification I reached 138 or 139 pounds... definitely the lightest I've been since highschool. I am pleased with how it went and am glad I did it again. Now I'm looking forward to seeing the trimming of the fat help me run faster in the Okoboji Half Marathon on July 17.



Day 8 Update - 5 pounds lost

Day 16 Update - 12.75 pounds lost


Day 21 End of Purification Program Review - 15 pounds lost - BMI changed from 27.3 (overweight) to 24.9 (normal weight)

One Month Update - 18 pounds lost

Two Month Update - 24 pounds lost


Purification Tip

Six Month Update - 28 pounds lost





First lunch when I could have chicken



Romaine & Sundried Tomato Salad



Salsa Pepper Salad



Super Target definitely has the best and most reasonably priced frozen fruit mixes!


Spice arsenal of a seasoned purifier



Grilling for a friend - salmon & pineapple



Complete meal near the end of purification looks pretty deluxe - Grilled salmon & pineapple with stir-fried veggies and brown rice


Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil from Costco was great on salads



Sun-dried tomato and shrimp salad


Fresh green beans and red curry was delicious but spicy hot!

No comments: