Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Name

I've been asked multiple times about the origin of the name Compass Chiropractic. There are two versions, one long and one short. I'll share them both.

The Short Version: While practicing at Northwest Chiropractic Clinic in Mount Vernon, Washington I happened to drive by a store called Compass Wines. I thought the name had a nice ring to it and decided to name my chiropractic practice after it.

The Long Version: First off, my last name, Krohse (rhymes with cozy), is absolutely unacceptable as the name of a chiropractic practice as it has been mispronounced "Croshey," "Crotchey," "Koresh," and everything in between through the years. In need of a more recognizable name, I happened upon the word Compass.

Compass resonated with me for a couple reasons. First, I truly enjoy being outdoors, which compasses are generally associated with. Upon more searching, I determined that the word "compass" is also strongly associated with health in general, as better health is something most people seek.

As my Des Moines area practice opens I would describe the meaning of Compass Chiropractic as follows: People seek out a chiropractor for a variety of reasons. Some simply seek resolution of a work or auto accident injury while others visit a chiropractor seeking guidance on creating an entire natural lifestyle focused on wellness. At Compass Chiropractic, we are prepared to guide patients on the most direct route to these very different goals.

No comments: